Compare solar panels + solar energy systems. Fit solar hot water from a UK solar panel manufacturer. Solar Keymark, MCS, REAL, RHI solar subsidy.
Compare solar water heating systems for RHI subsidy.
Why Solartwin is often the best solar choice.
Solartwin solar panel comparison vs old solar.
- National. We cover UK and Ireland – not just a local solar business
- Track record: solar company established 12 years
- Thousands of systems installed
- Affordable quality solar water heating system
- Accredited (MCS solar installer, Solar Keymark solar panel, etc)
- Ethical consumer best buy solar company. You will like speaking with us!
- 5 year all-in performance warranty. Not a components warranty with large gaps.
- Good SAP energy performance from our solar panels
- Among the top flat plates for carbon saving in DTI side by side solar water heating system tests
- No mains electricity use = Zero carbon technology
- Double glazed panels means better performance in winter than single glazed flat plates
- No glycol, minimal maintenance, fewer problems and less to go wrong (see notes below)
- Rugged – no large glass panels
- Softeners have numerous benefits – descaling pipes and taps boosted efficiency of heat exchangers
- Green technology: proven 2 year energy payback (Bath Univ study) v 4-5 for old solar panel systems
- Homegrown: Scottish invented / UK made solar panels
- Safe: low voltage low pressure / L8 Legionella safe solar water storage
- Simple one day solar installation, don’t lose your hot water at night
- Use your existing cylinder. Waste less.
- DIY solar heating installation capability
- Solar thermal stores for high pressure plumbing and combi boilers
- Solar innovation recognised by government’s Microgeneration Certification Scheme
- Solar technology which is eligible for subsidy / grants
- Innovation: disruptive technology. Get ahead of the pack!
Solartwin solar panel comparison vs vacuum (evacuated) solar tubes
- Solartwin solar heating is more sustainable. Tubes had the highest electrical load (DTI tests)
- Solar tubes fragility. EU wide product recall recently based on spontaneous explosion problems of solar tubes
- Solar panel area-efficiency is a non-issue. Sustainability is. We offer this!
- Flat plate solar collectors are better on the eye.
Solartwin solar panel comparison vs Fossil fuels / Electricity
- Oil prices are heading upwards
- Over 80% of UK / Irish gas is imported
- National security comes from harvesting local renewable energy
- You can be personally more independent too.
Solartwin now vs not thinking about it!
- We demystify and we explain about solar
- We price competitively
- We put you in touch with existing users who are NOT show homes
- Going solar with Solartwin is a simple low risk step!
To expand the point about solar water heating system maintenance:
Most conventional solar water heating systems need routine or regular maintenance, for example every few years to replace antifreeze and moving parts such as pumps and safety equipment such as safety valves and expansion vessels. For these technologies:
- Replacement antifreeze costs around £100 – £300 every 3-7 years. Average £40 pa.
- Replacement pumps costs around £50 – £250 every 3-7 years. Average £30 pa.
- Replacement safety valves and expansion vessels, if used, may cost around £100-£300 every 6-10 years. Average £25 per year.
(These are conservative figures. I have seen figures from a boiler supplier who suggest £250 per year!.)
To compare: a Solartwin installation needs to be professionally checked over every 6-7 years. If you have a water softener as part of your installation this will use salt and it may also use a small amount of electricity – less than a normal solar mains powered pump would use. Solartwin may eventually need a replacement (solar powered) pump. Sometimes this may be installed by the user – since there is no mains electricity involved and the pressures involved are low. Or an installer may attend. Solartwin does not need replacement antifreeze, safety valves and expansion vessels, since it has none of these. Their need has been designed out of the system.