Solar panel thermal systems. Solar water heating systems = Solar panels + solar energy. Solar thermal: solar power & solar hot water.
Solar Water Heating
Solar Water Heating: The Remarkable Uses Of Solar Water Heating
WouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t you love to discover a method of heating water using the sun, which is relatively inexpensive and eco-efficient? Fortunately, new developments in solar water heating allow you to do just that. Solar water heating devices are ecologically friendly and reliable. More individuals and companies are beginning to take advantage of the incredible power and energy of the sun.
Here’s a brief look at solar pumped water and then at solar hot water panels.
Solar Operated Water Pumps
- Many solar energy operated water pumps provide clean water to remote areas or homes. This has been very effective for providing essential water to remote areas of the world. Thanks to the convenience and power of solar water, many inhabitants no longer lack this precious resource as a nearby commodity.
- Solar water pumps technologies vary enormously. They are an engineer’s dream! There are many kinds of solar electric pumps alone. There are also some interesting new thermo-mechanical pumps being developed. These do not even use electricity, but just the natural expansion, or sometimes phase change, of materials (solids, liquid and even gases) upon heating.
- Solartwin’s solar water pump is a solar electric pump. It has a solar electric (photovoltaic or PV) power supply connected to a miniaturised, highly efficient water pump as the primary moving part of the solar water heating system. It has a brushless DC motor. This costs more than many motors, but it makes it reliable and very energy efficient, something which is vitally important if you are powering it with relatively expensive solar electricity.
Solar Hot Water Heaters
- Solar hot water heaters can reduce the cost of your heating bills. The cost savings depends on many factors including the amount of sunlight in your area, size of your storage tank and the amount of water you typically use. However, most individuals who install a solar hot water system in their home can enjoy a reduction in annual water heating energy costs of 30-70%!
- Another important advantage of solar water heating is the fact that solar water heating produces no harmful greenhouse gas emissions. No carbon dioxide is ever released into the atmosphere from a zero-carbon solar water heating system which makes it one of the cleanest energy sources available. Installing a solar water heater can reduce harmful carbon dioxide emissions by 250 kg or even more, every year. Solar water heating allows you to contribute to a much safer and healthier environment.
- 100% solar electric pumping eliminates the typical 20% environmental penalty associated with using mains electricity to run solar heating pumps and controls. This means it can be classified as a zero-carbon water heating system.
- A UK government-funded study of eight solar water heating systems confirmed what has long been suspected: that the environmental benefits of solar can be substantially improved by eliminating mains electricity.
- Flat plate solar heating systems negated an average of 17% of their potential global warming benefits (i.e. CO2 savings) by using mains electricity. For evacuated tube solar panels or partial-vacuum tubes, their loss averaged even higher, at 23%. In other words, if you run mains-powered solar for ten years, its electricity consumption deletes its CO2 saving by about two years.
- Solartwin’s environment-centred Ã¢â‚¬Å“zero carbonÃ¢â‚¬Â solar water heating system design specifies a solar electric pump. So your CO2 savings wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t retreat two steps after advancing ten. That’s one reason why people buy solar products from Solartwin. (And the prices are good!)