Photovoltaiv panels. Solar water heating systems = Solar panels + solar energy. Solar thermal: solar power & solar hot water. RHI FIT.
The Incredible Power Of Solar Power
- Can you think of a source of energy and electricity that can help stop climate change, is completely carbon and pollution-free? Well, direct solar power beats peak oil prices and may be just what you need.
- The Kyoto and Bali conferences on global warming have pressed the urgency of saving the planet in a sensible way. One of the main indestructible resources available to do that is sunlight.
- Sunlight can be harvested to produce vast amounts of electricity and heat, which each happen to be the two principal forms of energy humans consume, heat being the main form a home.
- Every time the sun shines, any mechanisms using solar power are able to generate heat or electricity, depending on the particular technology that they use. Because of the numerous benefits of solar power, the number of people using the technology is increasing all over the world. Solar power is much less harmful to the environment than many other types of energy such as nuclear power and fossil fuels.
Solar electric power has many advantages.
- You donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have to be near an electric socket to run small solar powered devices, nor worry about dead batteries whenever the sun is shining. You can enjoy your items anywhere without the energy costing you a penny!
- The renewable energy of solar electric power can be found in a wide range of items. For example, your watch may be powered by solar meaning which means you never have to purchase another battery again. Other smaller items such as calculators, radios, laptops, mobile phones and torches can also utilize solar panels, rather than traditional batteries.
- Solar panels of various types are also seen on the rooftops of more and more residential and commercial buildings.
- Solar power provides a very inexpensive, convenient and environmentally friendly method of generating electricity or hot water. Purchase solar-powered items and install solar panels on the roof of your home.
Solar heat is also called solar thermal.
- Solar power water heating is easily done by the sun. But some solar water heating technologies are not as green as others.
- Want to live off-grid and go solar? In a zero carbon house? Or just use greener energy than most? If you want to be truly 100% zero-carbon-solar then you should consider a zero carbon solar water heating system. Zero-carbon-solar uses either a thermosyphon or a solar electric pump to move water from the panel, to the cylinder where it is stored.
- A thermosyphon solar water heating system relies on hot water being lighter than cold, so that it floats upwards. Thermosyphon requires the hot water cylinder to be located above the solar panel. This design, which is most appropriate to flat roofs in countries where there is little chance of freezing, is uncommon in UK and Ireland.
- Alternatively, a small solar electric (photovoltaic or PV) pump can be used to pump the hot water downwards from the panel when the sun shines. This uses no mains electricity and is therefore described as zero carbon solar. PV pumping is the usual approach in zero carbon solar water heating systems in UK and Ireland.
Solartwin offers Solar PV photovoltaic systems for home and trade applications. Also DIY solar panels for water heating which can also be professionally installed. We offer a one stop shop, where we quote by phone. We also organise your solar panel installation ourselves, if you want in order to keep things simple for you. Your thermal solar installation usually takes less than one day. We offer green heating – try us! 0344 567 9032 – free fast accurate quotes.