Solar water heating systems = Solar panels + solar energy. PV pumped solar thermal: solar power & solar hot water. Solar fraction. The renewable heat incentive scheme (RHI) UK.
Solar Hot Water System
Our Incredible Solar System
- The sun, which is actually a star, provides the greatest source of electromagnetic energy. This solar energy, transformed into heat and light, supports all life on earth. The sun produces an astonishing 386 billion billion megawatts of solar power. Researchers have continued to study the power of the sun’s energy for centuries. This has contributed to the increasing popularity of solar power for applications including solar panel water heating.
Solar Power from Solar Panels
- Solar-powered devices such as solar panels for roof or wall mounting, solar pumps and electronics harvest the incredible power of the sun’s radiation. This energy is converted into electricity and heat. Some of the advantages of solarpower include the fact that, provided that is collected correctly, solar energy does not produce any carbon dioxide gas emissions which harm our fragile planet. The solar energy also comes from a renewable resource, as opposed to traditional sources such as gas, oil, diesel, lpg or propane. Domestic solar energy systems are rapidly becoming as cost effective as several conventional energy sources.
Sustainability and zero carbon design
- Domestic solar water heating systems are a prime example of solar systems that can make use of the energy on offer at low lifetime cost and in an environmentally-friendly way. For example, over a year, homeowners utilizing a solar water heating solution, can expect 30-70% of their hot water to be heated by the sun. Better positioned solar panels in low occupancy homes may approach this 70% Ã¢â‚¬Å“solar fractionÃ¢â‚¬Â, while the same size panels which are less well positioned, or in homes with 3-4 people may achieve the lower solar fraction.
Low or zero carbon solar thermal systems?
- Solar water heating is now classified into two types of Ã¢â‚¬Å“carbon impactsÃ¢â‚¬Â: low carbon solar or zero carbon solar. Cutting global warming and not having to use any mains electricity, even if it is derived from a Ã¢â‚¬Å“green tariffÃ¢â‚¬Â in order to run a solar panel, is becoming important to many users of solar water heating systems. You may like to compare various solar companies’s approaches to this important matter of carbon clawback with ours – which is to have none of it! All of Solartwin’s solar water heating systems are PV pumped.
- Solar hot water systems which have to plug into the mains electric supply in order to work may soon be history. And you, the green energy consumer may be who makes that history happen – by installing a Solartwin zero carbon solar water heating system which uses a PV powered pump. The UK renewable heat incentive scheme (RHI) promises to make solar more affordable for all.