Solar water heating systems = Solar panels + solar energy. Solar thermal: solar power & solar hot water. RHI solar heating systems. Renewable Heat Incentive.
Solar Energy: Warming Up To The Power Of Solar Panels For Solar Heating under the Renewable heat incentive (RHI).
- Think of how relaxing it is to lie back and bask in the warm rays of the sun during a hot summer day. This great use of thermal solar energy is arguably DIY solar heating at it simplest and most pleasurable. The sun produces an incredible amount of radiation every day. This solar energy is why engineers have continued to produce a greater range of solar powered and solar harnessing devices. Solar heating is one of the many common methods of harnessing the energy of the sun. You can use this innovative technology to solarheat water for a wide variety of uses such as industrial heat, pools. Solar cookers can even concentrate enough energy to cook food. There are even some solar air conditioning systems becoming available which are actually based on solar hot water systems.
Advantages of Solar Heating of Water Heating
- Other than the initial cost of a solar powered heating system, some (but far from all) forms of solar heating have virtually no running costs. Arguably the best solar heating systems, those which do not need to be wired into the mains electical system to operate solar pumps have an added advantage in the fact that the process of collecting solar heat does not produce any harmful CO2 emissions in operation. This makes “zero carbon solar” a very healthy energy source that is more environmentally friendly.
- So perhaps the best solar water heating systems can be classified as zero-carbon solar systems. Zero carbon solar systems use either a thermosyphon or a solar electric pump to move water from the panel, to the cylinder where it is stored. 100% solar electric pumping (PV pumping) eliminates the typical 20% environmental penalty associated with using mains electricity to run solar heating pumps and controls. The key point being that solar water heating should reduce the use of fossil fuels and not increase during part of its operation.
Solar Hot Water Heating Systems
- Solar heating domestic systems based on flat plate solar heating panels can be used to heat the hot water in your home. Solar water heating collectors can also be used to reduce water heating costs in office buildings, apartments, hotels or almost any commercial building. Fuel bills are volatile and will probably only continue to do so. There has never been a better time to fit a safe, reliable solar hot water heating system in your home or business. One Solartwin solarheating panel delivers around 3 times more energy than the same sum spent on a solar electric (photovoltaic) solar panel array.
Choosing solar power hot water systems
- To heat water solar-wise, you have a wide choice. As long as you choose a solar water heating system which is simple, reliable and has low running costs, the planet will probably thank you in its own quiet way. Hopefully others will thank you too for installing solar hot water – such as your bank manager. Thanks from the government is probably due to you too, since if you buy solar you will be importing less energy and hereby improving the balance of payments for energy – as well as the nation’s strategic position by reducing dependence of fossil fuel. Is PV pumped solar powered hot water for you?